It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
Well the next two Freedom Fighter blogs that I want to give you will be just a bit different than most of the ones I post.
Christmas is right around the corner and since today is Cyber Monday, I want to suggest several great resources for your consideration in building your devotional library.
One way you can help is this Christmas is to sign up for the program Smile.Amazon.com. If you already have an Amazon account, sign in under smile.amazon.com and it will give you the opportunity to choose a charity. Please consider choosing America’s Keswick. Amazon donates a portion of your purchases to us. Thanks for your consideration.
So here are some great suggestions for you this Christmas either for your devotional library or sharing with a friend:
- ESV Daily Reading Bible: Through the Bible in 365 Days, based on the popular M’Cheyne Bible Reading Plan. I love this tool. It follows the M’Cheyne reading plan, which was originally developed by the 19th century Scottish minister Robert Murray M’Cheyne and is still widely used today. Each day in theDaily Reading Bibledisplays chapters from various books of the Bible, allowing readers to easily work through the assigned passages. Over the course of a year, users will read through the Old Testament once and the New Testament and the Psalms twice. Convenient and easy-to-follow, the Daily Reading Bible helps readers encounter the entirety of God’s Word on a daily basis.
- Prone to Wander: Prayers of Confession and Celebration. If you have used the devotional, Prayers of the Puritans, you will enjoy this book. The prayers are powerful and convicting. They will pierce your heart and also cause you to celebrate. It is available in both paperback and Kindle.
- Saving Grace by C. John Miller. Known to many as Jack Miller, this devotional gets right down to the issues of the heart. His practical but right-on daily meditations will speak to your heart. It is available in hardcover and Kindle.
- New Morning Mercies by Paul David Trip Over the years I have had a love-hate relationship with Oswald Chambers. That guy knew how to cut right down to my heart. Well,I feel the same way about Dr. Tripp’s ministry. This devotional is not for the faint of heart. It will definitely expose you to the grace of God and how it can impact your life. It is available in hardcover and Kindle
- His Battle: God’s Plan For Victory Most of us desire to be men who walk in victory. This little devotional will give you a verse for the day and a simple challenge of how to walk out victory on a daily basis. It is available in hardcover and Kindle.
- Experiencing God – The Devotional is one that I have used for the past ten years and still am using it almost every day. I love the practical insight from the pens of Drs. Henry and Richard Blackaby. It is available in hardcover, paperback and Kindle.
I trust these resources will be helpful in your walk with the Lord. 2-6 are really good resources, but #1 is the all time best because it is God’s Word. I make it a practice in my devotional life to always start with the Word before I read the other devotional material. That’s my all-time favorite.
If you are Amazon shopper you might just get some good prices on these resources. Happy Cyber Monday. – Dr. Bill Welte is President/CEO of America’s Keswick
Think About This: Do not think me mad. It is not to make money that I believe a Christian should live. The noblest thing a man can do is just humbly to receive, and then go amongst others and give. David Livingstone
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: I will run in the way of your commandments when you enlarge my heart! Psalm 119:32