Have you downloaded our 2015 Bible Reading Plan? Join us this year as we focus of the theme: Live Courageously
Worthy Goals for the New Year
And this I pray… (Philippians 1: 9)
I do not know who originally compiled this list, but I have found it to be so helpful in reviewing the past year and looking forward to the new.
- Love like the Philippians…Philippians 1: 9-11 – And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
- Study like the Bereans… Acts 17: 10-12 – Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews . These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness , and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. Therefore many of them believed, and also not a few of the Greeks, prominent women as well as men.
- Pray like the Ephesians … Ephesians 6: 18 – Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.
- Witness like the Antiochans… Acts 11: 19-21 – Now those who were scattered after the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to no one but the Jews only. But some of them were men from Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they had come to Antioch, spoke to the Hellenists, preaching the Lord Jesus. And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number believed and turned to the Lord.
- Give like the Macedonians… 2 Corinthians 8: 1, 4-5 – Moreover, brethren, we make known to you the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia:…imploring us with much urgency that we would receive the gift and the fellowship of the ministering to the saints. And not only as we had hoped, but they first gave themselves to the Lord, and then to us by the will of God.
- Watch like the Thessalonians…1 Thessalonians 1: 9-10 – For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. Have a godly New Year! Dr. Donald R. Hubbard is a popular speaker at America’s Keswick.
Keswick, America’s (2012-12-13). Real Victory for Real Life Volume 2 (Kindle Locations 1185-1192). Kindle Edition
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 1-3; Romans 1
Think About This: We can do nothing, we say sometimes, ‘we can only pray’. That, we feel, is a terribly precarious second-best. So long as we can fuss and work and rush about, so long as we can lend a hand, we have some hope; but if we have to fall back upon God — ah, then things must be critical indeed! A J Gossip
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9