Join us this Thursday evening, April 9th for Men’s Fellowship Night. Pastor Ron Schmidt from Davisville Church will be sharing God’s Word. Call for reservations: 800-453-7942
Don’t Forget What Happened Yesterday
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Colossians 3:1-2
We all suffer from short-term memory loss, don’t we? We are less than 24 hours away from celebrating Easter – but on this Monday the day after resurrection Sunday, has it quickly faded from our minds until next year?
If the resurrection is such a pivotal event for us, then maybe we need to meditate on it more than just on Easter Sunday.
Dr. Paul David Tripp is his “think-about-grace” new devotional, New Morning Mercies – A Daily Gospel Devotional (Crossway), gives us five important principles about the resurrection that should shape the way we live our lives:
- The resurrection of Jesus guarantees your resurrection too!
- The resurrection tells you what Jesus is doing now! – He’s seated at the right had of the Father and He is interceding for you and me – and doing so much more!
- The resurrection promises you all the grace you need between Jesus’ resurrection and yours! I love this quote “Future grace always carries with it the promise of present grace!” (Paul David Tripp)
- The resurrection of Jesus motivates you to do what is right, no matter what you are facing.
- The resurrection tell you that you always have a reason to give thanks!!!
Those are five powerful truths to think about on this the day after resurrection day. Take some time to meditate on them.
How has the resurrection impacted you life? – Bill Welte is the President/CEO of America’s Keswick
Think About This: Worshiping with other believers helps you view all of life from the vantage point of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Dr. Paul David Tripp