An Actual Day in My Life – In Jesus’ Name
This is an actual journal word for word that I found in my archives; after embracing the concept of doing things in Jesus’ name.
- Decided to wake early to spend alone time with Lord to establish my day, to stay focus; and simply because I love Him. I believe that the name of Jesus all things should line up with His teaching, His Word, and His values. Consequently, I am flawed; I won’t get it right all the time, but that don’t mean I shouldn’t try. I actually committing this day in the name of Jesus.
- After my alone time, my day started with my 13-month-old daughter waking in tears. I retrieved her before my wife got up to allow to her to get a little more sleep. Jesus is always looking after others interest. I wanted consider my wife needs, before mine.
- My wife gets up and now it is time to show the love and kindness that the Lord would display. I greet her with a kiss, and then ask her how is she doing, then proceeded to make breakfast for the family. I believe Jesus serves and feed, my first priority, after God, is my family. I pray that I can always demonstrate the attitude of love toward my family.
- I decides a couple of days to watch my eating habits, and every meal I ask God, is this good for me or do I need this?
- Time to go the work. I am a kitchen manger, as well as, a mentor in a Christ-center addiction recovery program. Therefore, as I drive to work, I am inviting God to assist me throughout the ride to work. I am mindful that my driving habits reflect my character; consequently, I still need to work on that. Why do I drive 5miles over the limit, why do I sometimes drive without my seatbelt? That is not driving in the name of Jesus.
- Working with Christians usually makes it easy to reflect on Jesus, because His presence is heavy throughout all my co-workers. For the most part, we are able to be harmonious in completing the tasks that are on the table. Part of my day is spent counseling/mentoring; I truly believe in my sessions, that it is the wisdom of God that can present hope to these lost souls. Therefore, I ask God for His wisdom, direction, and His grace for the counselee and me.
- At home, I realize Jesus provided a home, and I need to be a good steward. In that, I clean the house, pay the bills, and decide to sit down eat with the family (which I could do more). Bath time for the little one, and spend time with my wife. As I lend myself, I realize this should be more prevalent in my daily operation.
- No extra shopping, because our budget is limited, and Jesus would want me to be a good steward of His money.
- Reading in Jesus name comes easy, because before I came to Christ I did read much. Therefore, all my reading material is Christ centers, even the schoolbooks from LBC have been related to the Word.
- Watching television is an area I could use a little guidance. Therefore, in Jesus name, I have to monitor what I allow in my thoughts and heart. I reminded of our study verse, “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life” (Proverbs 4:23)
- Sleeping well or resting is the necessary for health, but too much can be unproductive. With everything, I need to have some type of balance. Before I went to sleep, I took a few minute thanking God for the day, and bless time of rest in the name of Jesus.
Juan Mendez is a graduate of the Colony of Mercy and serves there now as a full-time Chaplain. You can email him at email@example.com
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 22-23; John 13:1-20
Think About This: I have never met a soul who has set out to satisfy the Lord and has not been satisfied himself. Watchman Nee
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29