Join us this Thursday night for our November Men’s Fellowship Night. Former summer staffer and now a full-time Pastor, Tom Brown, will be sharing a challenge from God’s Word. Call 800-453-7942 and make your reservation. See link for details.
“NO” From a Different Perspective
Good morning, and welcome to this new week of Freedom Fighter blogs. I just you have been encouraged on your journey as Juan, Chris, Pastor Bob and Rob have shared their hearts each week.
Most of us have a hard time with the word “NO!” Actually most kids learn to say the word very early in the game. And if we are honest, the word usually associated in the context of something we shouldn’t do, say or think in a negative way.
But the Bible has a different spin on the word “NO” as it has a number of places where “NO” is actually a good thing. Let me give you some examples:
- God shows NO partiality: Then Peter openedhismouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows NO partiality. Acts 10:34
- We NO longer need to be slaves to sin: knowing this, that our old man was crucified withHim,that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should NO longer be slaves of sin. Romans 6:6
- We NO longer face condemnation when we are in Christ: There istherefore now NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1
- NO temptation has to take control of you: NO temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but Godis faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bearit. 1 Corinthians 10:13
- It is NO longer about you living this life – Christ lives in and through you: I have been crucified with Christ; it is NO longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and thelifewhich I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20
- We are NO longer slaves – we’re a child of the King: Therefore you are NO longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Galatians 4:7
- We are NO longer strangers – but citizens of heaven: Now, therefore, you are NO longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God … Ephesians 2:19
- He remembers our sins NO more: For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deedsI will remember NO more.” Hebrews 8:12
One of my favorite comedians in Branson, MO, used to say, “Betcha never thought about it that way before – You will now!” I trust that these NO statements will encourage you as you begin this new week. Live courageously! – Bill Welte is President/CEO of America’s Keswick
Think About This: It is no less difficult to have great abilities than great riches without trusting in them. —John Newton
This Week’s Verse to Memorize: But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31