And without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please Him, for he who comes to God must BELIEVE that HE IS and that HE IS a REWARDER to them that DILIGENTLY seek Him. Hebrews 11:6
If you want to do a fascinating study through the Scriptures, grab a highlighter and underline every time you see God is, the Lord is, He is – and you will be amazed at the present tense of this wonderful God we have.
Here are some additional references to add to my list from last week. I trust that this list will cause you to break out in your own doxology of praise as you contemplate this One who is … and He is FOR YOU!
26. He IS a shield to those who trust Him. (Psalm 18:31)
27. God IS forever. (Psalm 45:6)
28. He IS our refuge and strength. (Psalm 46:1)
29. He IS your helper. (Psalm 54:4) 16.
30. He IS your defense. (Psalm 59:17)
31. God IS your sun and shield. (Psalm 84:11)
31. He IS God, the Lord God your Maker. (Psalm 100:3)
32. God IS good. (Psalm 118:1)
33. God IS the Lord. (Psalm 118:27)
34. God IS my salvation. (Isaiah 12:2)
35. He IS the living God. (Jeremiah 10:10)
36. God IS gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness, and relenting of evil. (Joel 2:13)
37. He IS the God of the impossible. (Matthew 19:26)
38. God IS the God of living not the dead. (Luke 20:38)
39. God IS faithful (1 Corinthians 1:9; 1 Corinthians 10:17)
40. God IS wiser than men. (1 Corinthians 1:25)
41. God IS not the author of confusion. (1 Corinthians 14:23)
42. He IS the God of peace. (1 Corinthians 14:33) 43. God IS rich in mercy. (Ephesians 2:4)
44. God IS Light. (1 John 1:5)
45. God IS Love. (1 John 4:16)
Saint Augustine said this: What is God – what, but the Lord God? For who is the Lord but the Lord? Or who is God save our God? Most high, most excellent, most powerful, most almighty, most merciful, and most just; most hidden, yet most present; most beautiful, and most strong; stable, yet mysterious; unchangeable, yet changing all things; never new, never old; making all things new and bringing age upon the proud, though they do not know it; always working, yet always at rest; still gathering, yet lacking nothing; sustaining, filling and protecting; creating, nourishing, and maturing; seeking, yet possessing all things. God loves without passion; He is jealous without anxiety; He repents, yet has no sorrow; is angry, yet serene; changes His ways, yet His plans are unchanged; recovers what He finds, having never lost it; never in need, yet rejoicing in gain; never covetous, yet requiring interest. He receives over and above, that He may owe – yet who has anything that is not His? He pays debts, owing nothing; remits debts, losing nothing. And what can anyone say when they speak of Him?
So why don’t you take a moment and write out a doxology of praise based on this list and then send it to me. I would like to put those in a future blog. Come on … I double-dog dare you to do it.
Written by Dr. Bill Welte is President/CEO of America’s Keswick: He has been married to his child sweetheart for 40+ years, and has three married kids, one that is engaged, and 10 amazing grand kids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Daily Quote: The fear of God is the death of every other fear; like a mighty lion, it chases all other fears before it. —C.H. Spurgeon
This Week’s Verse to Memorize:
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. ~Isaiah 40:31