Some of you are old enough to remember the movie, Fiddler on the Roof. The Jewish father, Tevye, sings a song, “If I Were a Rich Man” expressing what he would do if he really had riches and wealth. He eventually comes to realize that he really was a rich man when he embraces his wife and kids and realizes that they are his riches after all.
Well my friend, that is the way some of us have lived. Stop and think about it – if you are a child of God, then you are a “son of God.” You are a heir! You my friend are a “child of the King!” Dr. C. John Miller used to say that some saints wander around like paupers and orphans forgetting who they really are in Christ.
As we begin this new week of Freedom Fighter blogs, I trust you will remind yourself how rich you really are IN CHRIST. I trust that you have just hit delete and moved on to the next email. Take a moment to read through these last ten truths about your identity. Look up the Scriptures and thank the Lord for what He has provided for you through His Son. You are richer than you can even begin to imagine.
31. We are His inheritance — not only does the Lord provide an inheritance for every Christian in the eternal future, but every believer of the Church Age is an inheritance provided by the Father for the Son (Eph 1:18).
32. We inherit Christ’s eternal future (Eph 1:14; Col 3:24; Heb 9:15; 1 Pet 1:4).
33. We have a partnership with God — we are partners with Christ in life (Col 3:4), in position (Eph 2:6), in service (1 Cor 1:9), and we are also co-workers with other believers as a result of true fellowship with God (1 Cor 3:9). We are also partners with Christ in suffering (Rom 8:18; Phil 1:29; Col 1:24; 1 Thess 3:3; 2 Tim 2:12; 1 Pet 2:20; 4:12-13).
34. We become heavenly citizens — our seat of citizenship is in heaven. We are made heavenly citizens at the moment of salvation. Let’s remember all the fantastic privileges and provisions the Father has made for believers to live the Christian way of life (cf. Eph 2:19). This heavenly citizenship is a present reality and determines our ongoing existence in the world (Eph. 1:20–21; Phil 3:20-21; Col 3:1-2).
35. We Become Members of the Royal Family of God — at the moment of salvation, we become members of the royal family of God which is an eternal dynasty. His body, the Church, is the kings and lords that Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords over (Eph 2:19; Gal 6:10).
36. We are light in the Lord — at the moment of salvation, we are eternally delivered from Satan’s cosmic system of darkness and we are eternally “in the light,” but regarding our relationship with Christ in time, we can be in fellowship (walking in the light) or out of fellowship (walking in darkness) (Eph 5:1, 8; 1 Thess 5:4).
37. We are united to the Trinity — we are in God (1 Thess 1:1). God is in you (Eph 4:6). We are indwelt by God the Father. We are in Christ (Eph 4:20). Christ is in you (Col 1:27). We are indwelt by the Son. We are in the Spirit (Rom 8:9). The Spirit is in you (Jn 10:27-30; 15:5; 1 Cor 2:12; 12:13; Eph 2:19, 22; 1 Pet 2:5-9).
38. We are glorified — from God’s viewpoint, He sees us as we will be in heaven. Positionally, we are in union with Christ and are glorified. This glorification will be a reality when Christ returns (Rom 8:30; 1 John 3:2). It is as if God is saying He’s looking at us not the way we see ourselves, but He’s looking at us legally as already in a state of glory.
39. We are complete in Him, who is the head of all angelic powers and principalities. We share this strategic victory in union with Christ. Positionally, we are higher than Satan himself and the angels (Col 2:10).
40. We receive angelic protection and service, at the moment of salvation (Heb 1:14; 2:7; cf. 1 Cor 6:3).
I asked Graeme to attach the full list if you’d like to print it out, click here. Thank you for making Freedom Fighter a part of you time with God. If these emails are a blessing to you, would you forward them to a friend and get them to join us? Have a great week.
Written by Dr. Bill Welte is President/CEO of America’s Keswick: He has been married to his child sweetheart for 40+ years, and has three married kids, one that is engaged, and 10 amazing grand kids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Daily Quote: “I am His by purchase and I am His by conquest. I am His by donation and I am His by election. I am His by covenant and I am His by marriage. I am wholly His; I am particularly His. I am universally His; I am eternally His.” ~Thomas Brooks
This Week’s Verse to Memorize:
The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”