Growing up I remember singing a little Southern Gospel chorus that you might be familiar with (if you are over 50):
My God can do anything, anything, yes anything,
My God can do anything, yes anything.
He made the earth will all its fullness
And all that time shall bring, My God can do anything, Yes, anything!
Well it might surprise you that there are some things that God CAN’T do. You might think that I have lost my marbles, because we have always been taught that God can do ANYTHING.
But think with me for a moment about 8 things He can’t do:
- God can’t get tired. Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. Isaiah 40:28
- God can’t take on any job that He can’t handle. Ah, Lord God! Behold, you have made the heavens and earth by your great power and outstretched arms There is nothing too hard for you.
- God cannot lie. “ … so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us.” Numbers 6:13
- God cannot break a promise. My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of my lips. Psalm 89:34
- God cannot abandon you. Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the one who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.
- God cannot stop thinking about you. How precious are also are your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; and when I am awake, I am still with you. Psalm 139:17-18.
- God cannot remember sins He’s forgotten. I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for my own sake; and I will not remember your sins. Isaiah 43:25
- God cannot stop loving you. Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindess I have drawn you. Jeremiah 31:3
I am thankful that I have a God who CAN DO anything, but also has a list of things that He CANNOT do. How about you? Thanks for partnering with us in the ministry of Freedom Fighters this new week. I appreciate you.
Rejoice! Pray! Give thanks!
Written by Dr. Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: He has been married to his child sweetheart for 40+ years, and has three married kids, one that is engaged, and 10 amazing grand kids. He loves music and is an avid reader.
Think About This: When an anxious thought comes knocking on the door of your mind, you can refuse it entrance. If you invite it in, it will have dinner with you, and if it has dinner with you, it will quickly move in and want to spend the night. — Roy Lessin
This Week’s Verse to Memorize:
“The light of the righteous rejoices, But the lamp of the wicked will be put out.” – Proverbs 13:9