“that I may know HIM and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings being conformed to His death, if by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.” Philippians 3:10-11
Easter is behind us now by several weeks and in churches across the country, we preached and talked about the resurrection.
Jesus stepped out of the tomb defeating sin and death forever. But the big question is SO WHAT?
For some it’s like checking off this “holiday” off our check-list and we move on living life like any other day.
But the implications of the resurrection are life-changing, life-transforming – or so they should be.
Paul’s prayer for HIMSELF was that he would KNOW Christ and the power of His resurrection.
For the next couple of Freedom Fighter blogs, I would like to dissect these two verses and share with you what I have been learning.
The first thing I want to share is that part of knowing Him is knowing what He is doing now. Can I suggest to you 7 things?
- The risen Christ is seated at His Father’s right hand. He finished the work that His Father gave Him. He completed His earthly ministry. Don’t take my word for it. Read Ephesians 2:1-10 and Hebrews 1:1-4
- He is holding the world together by the “word of His power.”
Hebrews 1:3 says that Everything is working according to the way He created it. We talked several weeks ago about this amazing universe.
- He is living His perfect life THROUGH you! Galatians 2:20 is the reference you need to underline in your Bible. YOU can’t live the Christian life in and of yourself. It’s impossible apart from Him living it through
- He is praying for you! I love Hebrews 7:25. Jesus is seated at His Father’s right hand and one of the things He is doing is praying for you!!! In fact it says “He ever lives” to make intercession for you and me. Jumping Jehosopat!!!
- He is conforming you to His image and preparing His bride. Read Colossians 1:15-23
- He is preparing a place for you in heaven. Some translate it “mansions,” some “dwelling places.” But think about this – Jesus, the master carpenter is building a place for YOU! (John 14:16)
- He is coming again! 1 Thessalonians 4:13-16 The last chapter has already been written. And what a day that will be.
So Paul’s wanting to know this One has some amazing implications for you and me today. This Jesus, the Son of God, who came to earth as a Babe, lived His life perfectly and was obedient to His Father in every way. This One is the One who gave His life for you and me, and is the One who wants to have an intimate, abiding relationship with Him. (Colossians 3:1-3) Wow!
My prayer for you this week is that your desire to know HIM who increase more and more each day.
Rejoice! Pray! Give thanks!
Written by Dr. Bill Welte, President/CEO of America’s Keswick: Bill has been married to his child sweetheart for 40+ years, and has three married kids, one that is engaged, and 10 amazing grand kids. He loves music and is an avid reader..
The Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 25-28| You can download our 2017 Daily Bible Reading Plan by clicking here
Think about this: “The surest sign that you have been chosen by God is when you find yourself depending on NOTHING by God’s mercy. Pastor Dave Ridder
This Week’s Verse to Memorize:
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials. 1 Peter 1:6